1.9K views

Warning don´t buy from Monterra Developers, OCR Properties Group and owncostarica.com

These same companies are scamming people across Canada. They sold me a lot where after 2 years of waiting i´m not still able to build on. I have no water, no electricity, no amenities. How much longer do I have to wait.

They builded a fancy entrance to one of thier developments, but now seems to be in abandon.

I not posting my name since I don´t want any represaries against me. I have contacted an attorney in costa rica to take care of this situation, since they keep not giving any answers yet.

Please be aware.

Comments

You are another Fraud. There are no lots across the street.

This is another fake load of BS. Anyone can go there without buying anything and see for themselves.

You are not required to purchase to go and see the properties. I think one of the other comments is right on. Many of these posts are from other developers or realtors. Go and see for yourself, it does not cost anything.

Did it all happen overnight, NO.

We are in Central America, it is not Canada. Stop trying to destroy my investment, you morons.

I was just there. There is a lot going on.

If you paid for your lot, then the title is available as I just got mine. I think you are the fraud.

You are talking about MDG and Michael Pechbrenner. He is the fraud.

He is the Contractor, no one else. I think I saw your house. You need to sue MDG and Michael Pechbrenner.

According to a recent email from Laura he incorporated MDG. Was that your builder?

There is so much BS on this site it makes me sick, so many people with bad motives. I was just there recently and got my title.

Yes it took more time than I thought but I have it, so if you paid for your lot you can have it. Go and see for yourselves. The office is not in forclosure, that is outright BS. They bought the Remax building years ago and closed the franchise.

The office is there and open Jan 2016. Stop posting this ***, you are destroying my investment.

Three arrests and 3 different addresses, plus aliases. He said he was a Builder of Multimillion dollar homes in Florida.

If you check Florida State records he has never had a contractors licence. Where there is smoke there must be some fire. I have looked at homes in the developments in CR and he does not know what he is doing. I am so glad I did not sign a construction agreement with him.

He is a smooth talker, but he does not deliver. Never has and never will. He misses meetings, does not respond to the telephone or emails. If you give him money, you are the fool.

Ask any one of the customers he has started their homes and not finished.

He is a smooth talking fraud. Do your homework.

This is a lie. All Developments have water and Electricity.

Show your name. All Developments have Titles available if you have paid for your lot. Perhaps you have dealt with Michael Pechbrenner in Costa Rica. He is a Fraud.

He has never had a construction license. He lied to everyone. He has never completed a house. He is no builder.

He is the scammer. Look him up in Mugshots.com

to Snowman Toronto, Ontario, Canada #1240545

All developments have water & electricity you say?? Would love to see some pictures of Rio de Sol, Phase 2 & 3. jmam7@me.com

to JMAM #1468259

Hi, just had a friend check out my property on RDS 3. Had to use 4x4To get there.

No roads or infrastructure. April 25, 2018.Bought in 2007. Have booked a conversation with Jack Cohen.

Will see whT is happening. Email me: renecornu25@gamil.com.CheersRenéCCC CHA FCHI

Here we go again with the broken english, No doubt the new administration of the company are starting to do things right. (Congratulations to Jack).

We all look forward to see and enjoy those beautiful projects complete.

A little scary to see someone in charge of the development with criminal records.

SEE LINKS:

Please make us believe this time it´s for real.

Willy2015
to Anonymous #1038712

Well anonymous, if you actually did your homework you would find that the charges were dropped or not adjudicated guilty as noted on the link.

The worksite is shut down and the workers have been laid off. But they are still promoting the properties.

I have a lot with four walls.

Ocr seems to have reinvented itself as lavia corp.

Why would you ever purchase property without first checking if there is a title and if it has a clean title!! Hire an atty and have them first check if the property is titled and clean!

Don't purchase anything without a title! That means no promise of a title in a year!

Do not trust the developers to handle this part for you. Hire your own atty and let them verify title.

brianbaird22
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada #950272

I have read some comments and would not listen to anyone with broken english, now that sounds like a scam!

I have visited Tambor for the last two years and have purchased property, homes built and under construction are beautiful and sound>I am the owner of over 30 years of a construction company in Canada and wish the quality of doors and cabinets were the same here.

Brian Baird

Same situation. Bought at Pacific Blue 4 years ago.

When purchased promised would get title in 1 year-still waiting. Have thought about legal action. They have made interest on my money.

Who knows of a good lawyer in CR who my husband and I can hire to litigat their ***!

Alberta Bound and not impressed.

Mcleoda
to Dr. Dee Montreal, Quebec, Canada #942248

We just came back from a week in CR and we did a tour with OCR and they have started building and the homes and lots are beautiful! WE also met some other clients on the tour, many who were land owners.

I can't tell you the names of all the developments, (Rio sounds familiar),but the one lady we met was from BC, & she had bought 6 yrs ago as well, and the area she had bought was not being developed due to issues with the titles and whatever happened, (we didn't really ask all the details) but i sure watched the sales staff from Monterra Barb & Kyle and the builder Michael, spend hours with Lillia showing her all sorts of lots, at the end she was really happy and said her lot is lovely! I have all sorts of pictures of the homes being built, there are 30 + under construction right now. so not sure if there was issues in the past, but they appear to be full steam ahead and we even watched furniture being delivered to one house and we spoke to that home owner Laura, from Calgary and she said 'yes there had been delays with construction (as we'd asked cause we read this blog), but she was thrilled with how the delays were handled and with the quality of the construction, said she'd rather a delay then improper building or bad permits" as apparently CR is very difficult and slow with permits and one must make sure they do all the right things or they can get 75% built and they will pull the plug on the project! These guys seem to have all their ducks in a row now, to be building full steam ahead.

If I can figure out how I will upload photo's or pm me and I can share them.

They have like 150 people working and all sorts of equipment on site and it's really a beautiful development.

to Mcleoda Airdrie, Alberta, Canada #962153

if you could please send or sahre any pictures you have of pacific blue, thank you

morpower77@gmail.com

to Anonymous #962249

Sure thing will send today, maybe you could post back here after you get. I am a small business owner and pissess me off to see these guys getting bashed so badly.

to Mcleoda #1109626

Great article thanks, please send pictures to pbavenue@yahoo.ca

to Mcleoda Toronto, Ontario, Canada #1240530

Hi Mcleoda, could you please send me the pictures as well. jmam7@me.com

We bought back in 2007 and are still waiting for services to our site.

John